True knowledge is only that which is shared. What you convey, but also the way in which you choose to do it, entails passion and dedication. I am always happy to deliver courses, conferences and lectures in my areas of competence, for students, for people who are passionate about these areas or for the general public.
Courses and workshops I give at present:
- The „Povestaşii” Association::
– „Find the hero in your famil”
– „The history of the Romanian cuisine”
– „History comes alive”
Courses I held:
- Faculty of Letters, University of Bucharest: “The History of the European Imaginary”, “Romanian Cultural Diplomacy”, seminar for “Ideas and Mentalities in Modern Europe”.
- The Romanian Diplomatic Institute: “The Protocol of State Visits and the Diplomatic Protocol”, “Using State Insignia and the System of Decorations”.
- Calea Victoriei Foundation: “Genealogy Workshop: How to Discover the Story of Your Family”, “Portraits of Boyars”, “History of the Romanian Monarchy: from Charles I to King Michael”.
I held lectures and conferences at:
- Paris-Sorbonne University (Paris IV), France: „Les boyards roumains et leur imaginaire généalogique” (within the course La culture des élites dans la France contemporaine: mémoire, patrimoine, vie sociale et réseaux, vie privée of Eric Mension-Rigau, November, 2009).
- International Conference “Balkan Worlds II”, Thessaloniki, Greece (November, 2014): „The Impact of First World War on the Descendants of Romanian Nobility. Family Identity and Social Change”.
- International Conference “Political Exile from Central and Eastern Europe. Motives, Strategies, Activities and Perceptions of East and West, 1945-1989”, Bratislava, Slovak Republic (November, 2013): „The Descendants of the Romanian Nobility facing Repression and Exile during the Communist Regime”.
- The 17th Congress of Genealogy and Heraldry, Iaşi (May 2016): “Romania during World War I, seen by an Italian. The unknown diary of engineer Iginio Vignali”.
- The National Congress of the Romanian Historians, Cluj-Napoca (August 2016): „An unknown testimony about World War I: Grigore Romalo’s wartime diary”.
- Session of Communications of the Commission of Heraldry, Genealogy and Sigillography of the Romanian Academy, Iaşi (October, 2011): “Genealogical Imaginary: Romanian Boyar Families”.
- Meetings of Conscience, Ploieşti (October, 2014): ”Nobles et notables”.
- Centre for Studies in Contemporary History (CSIC): taking part in the debate ”Romania in World War II”.
I have also organized conferences. In 2011, at my invitation, the great French historian Jean Delumeau came to Romania to receive the title of Doctor Honoris Causa of the Faculty of History, University of Bucharest and held two lectures, one at the University of Bucharest and the other at New Europe College.